Employability

Morton in the Community’s Employability projects aim to provide participants with opportunities to develop skills and increase their confidence in order to help them achieve their goals. Through our person-centred approach, we support a range of participants onto positive destinations. Across all employability projects, 81% of participants reported an increase in confidence, with the other 19% reporting ‘no change’.

Our employability programme Positive Goals is delivered in partnership with DWP Job Centre Plus, and aims to tackle entrenched worklessness by supporting participants into sustainable employment; remove & minimise barriers to work; and improve participants mental wellbeing. To date, we have supported 43% of job seekers into employment or further education. 

Other projects such Kick Off focusses on combining Personal Development with Health & Wellbeing. Providing participants the chance to develop transferrable employability skills such as teamwork, communication and planning. Additionally, our continued partnership with The Princes Trust has seen us pilot bespoke projects that are an integral part of their wider delivery and support to participants.

Recently we have successfully become a Highfield Qualifications Approved Centre, now offering our participants the opportunity to gain Highfield Leave 2 Award in Customer Service. Through our partnership working with Inverclyde Council’s Community Learning and Development we are also able to assist participants to gain various SQA qualifications. 

For more information regarding any employability projects, please get in contact with our Employability Project Manager, Nick Thow, on nick.t@mortoncommunity.net or call the office on 01475 731949. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This