Morton Girls Presentation
It was an evening of celebration for everyone at Morton Girls as they drew the 2018 season to an end with their presentation night, which was held at the Greenock Morton Town Hall on Friday, 30th November.
The night began with Leeanne McPhail summarising the season, the successes through the teams and also expressing thanks to players, coaches, and players for their ongoing support.
The night proceeded with a presentation of awards for each player, starting with our Under 9s through to our Under 15s. Coaches from each team stood up and spoke a bit about the teams’ season and how the players have developed as a team, and how great it has been to see.
Mid presentation, there was a buffet along with a raffle, which was presented by Morton in the Community’s Paddy McAlees, where there were some fantastic prizes up for grabs.
Thanks go to everyone who donated prizes:
- Greenock Morton FC
- Lora at Stewart’s Hair Dressers
- Cakes by Siobhan
- Motor Medics
- The Golden Casket
Following the buffet, it was on to the prize winners which were presented via a previously recorded video onto the screen from ex-Scotland Internationalist Julie Fleeting MBE, Scotland and Chelsea FC women’s player Erin Cuthbert, England and Chelsea FC women’s players Millie Bright and Fran Kirby, Sweden and Chelsea FC women’s players Magdelena Erkisson, and Scotland and ACF Fiorentina women’s player Lana Clelland.
All prize winners are listed below:
- Top Goalscorer – Ruby Whyte
- Most Consistent – Lilly Mennim
- Players Player of the Year – Lilly Mennim
- Player of the Year – Annie Donald/Sophie McGinty
- Top Goalscorer – Katie McAuley
- Most Consistent – Kayleigh McFadyen
- Players Player of the Year – Ava Collins
- Player of the Year – Ava Collins
- Top Goalscorer – Leah Cameron
- Most Consistent – Charli McNicol
- Players Player of the Year – Kirsten McGeown
- Player of the Year – Tammi O’Connor
Year of the Young People Award – Niamh McColgan
Congratulations also go to our Under 13s who, after a great season, came runners up in the Jenny Beattie league.
The night was a great success and credit must go to Leeanne who once again organised a fantastic evening of events. Leeanne is a shining light in the girls and women’s game and has committed so much time and effort to Morton Girls.
Also thanks go to:
- Greenock Town Hall
- Kyla at ICE Catering
- Huff n Puff Balloons
- George at Trophy Box
- Inverclyde Council – CLD Youth Work Team for sponsoring Year of the Young People Award
Again, another huge thanks go to our players, coaches, and parents for their ongoing support throughout the season.
Now time for a break before it all kicks off again in 2019!